Monday, May 23, 2011

Ride the Lightning

Cape May, NJ

So, I'm in desperate need of some ocean air. I don't know what the difference between air particulate and chemical composition is between Lehigh Valley and the shore, but it's almost some spiritual difference. I just feel peaceful hearing the waves crash, feeling the misty sea breeze, and watching the gulls glide on the currents of air above the water. This is obviously the idyllic view of things, but that's what I'm looking for. This dreary weather is getting to me.

I do love thunderstorms though! Everything looks so green under the cover of thunderclouds. Hearing the distant rumble, the twinkling of rain as it falls to earth, the cleansing feeling of the air after the washing of the earth. It's awesome, and I wouldn't want weather without that either.

Now, on a completely different note, I hate the Bachelorette. I had it on the entire time that I was folding laundry this evening.  You watch because you see the pretty lady, you see the attractive young men, you are intrigued by the prospect of seeing how it all goes down, knowing the end the entire time. You are hooked and you just keep watching, listening to these annoying predictable voices sounding off the predictable rhetoric and contemplating putting it on mute. Interchangeable faces, ridiculous makeup and wardrobe, yet you keep watching. Finally it comes to the climactic ending where you are "fulfilled" by seeing someone leave in shame and sadness, meanwhile you're left with the guilty feeling of having sat through the entire thing and ALMOST enjoying it.

Excited to see this tomorrow!
The world is changing, and we honestly don't know the half of it.

3 comments:

  1. Monday nights are reserved for Bravo shows. Also, Frasier is now on around that time on Hallmark channel. FYI :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've seen every Frasier episode about 3 times each. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just searching for a live webcam at some beach...great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete