Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Within a mile of home...

Through the guidance of my dear cousin, I'm starting a blog. New to this medium, anyone's advice, critique, smart-ass comments, or ideas are welcome to improve the quality and overall interest to the general public. When I say "general public", I'm assuming this will be limited to said cousin and a few select friends who can tolerate my ramblings.

I suppose this blog should eventually develop some form or function, but for now I think I'll add a few key ingredients:
  1. anything that is currently inspiring me, making me think, stirring emotion, or just generally puzzling and at the same time completely fascinating me
  2. musings on daily life
  3. reactions to the idiotic people we have to deal with to get to the goal of a warm bed at the end of the day (feel free to include your own)
 Currently Listening To:

"Holier than thou with your one way morality,
I think your shallow faith isn't based in reality,
you don't like how we live, we're sinful and obscene,
why are you judgin' me?
You're richer than God but you're cryin' out for more,
you're livin' like a king while you steal from the poor,
[From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/p/pennywise-lyrics/my-god-lyrics.html ]
wanna be forgiven, get on your knees and pray,
send in your cash, you'll be safe"


Just Finished Reading:

"Still round the corner there may wait
A new road or a secret gate;
And though I oft have passed them by, 
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the moon, East of the sun."


Currently Reading: 


"Early man walked away as modern man took control.
Their minds weren't all the same, to conquer was his big goal,
So he built his great empire and slaughtered his own kind,
Then he died a confused man, killed himself with his own mind" 





Currently Watching:






Food For Thought:



Michael Parkes - Gargoyles


**WARNING: This blog lacks clarity as well as focus and may cause headaches.

2 comments:

  1. I finally caught up on the voice last night. Could Cee Lo PLEASE stop pairing up his best singers??? I'm always sad when someone leaves his team. That being said, I think Blake has the crappiest team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand Blake. He's so pretentious for no reason. I heard his new single and it's so idiotic, but maybe I just don't get country music. It was catchy though.

    ReplyDelete